Dane is a licensed tax attorney with the State Bar of Texas. His practice area focuses primarily on tax controversy matters at the federal, state, and local levels. Prior to joining The Wilson Firm, Dane gained significant tax-related experience by providing consulting services to businesses seeking to claim the Credit for Increasing Research Activities (Research and Development Tax Credit) under Section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code. Dane served a number of different clients across various industries throughout the United States and Canada to quantify federal and state tax credits in the tens of millions of dollars.
Dane received his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in Houston, Texas, where he acted as the Executive Editor of the Houston Journal of International Law. Dane received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada, double majoring in Honours Criminology and Biological Sciences.
Dane was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. In his free time, Dane enjoys spending time with wife, Barbara, goldendoodles, Moose and Olive, and cat, Autry. He also enjoys playing golf at The Golf Trails of The Woodlands and volleyball throughout Houston.
Dane loves to give back to the community. He is currently a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star and serves on the Gatekeeper committee for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Mentor – Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- Gatekeeper – Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Member – The Golf Trails of The Woodlands
- Member of the U.S. Tax Court Bar
- Member of The Woodlands Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate
- Executive Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Academic Dean’s List
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Arts in Honours Criminology and Biological Sciences