Dane is a licensed tax attorney with the State Bar of Texas. His practice area focuses primarily on tax controversy matters at the federal, state, and local levels. Prior to joining The Wilson Firm, Dane gained significant tax-related experience by providing consulting services to businesses seeking to claim the Credit for Increasing Research Activities (Research and Development Tax Credit) under Section 41 of the Internal Revenue Code. Dane served a number of different clients across various industries throughout the United States and Canada to quantify federal and state tax credits in the tens of millions of dollars.
Dane received his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in Houston, Texas, where he acted as the Executive Editor of the Houston Journal of International Law. Dane received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada, double majoring in Honours Criminology and Biological Sciences.
Dane was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. In his free time, he enjoys training for triathlons, playing volleyball and golf (though not well), and spending time with girlfriend, Barbara, and mini-goldendoodle, Moose. He also enjoys being actively involved in the community and traveling.
Dane is a member of The Woodlands Bar Association.
- Member of the U.S. Tax Court Bar
- Member of The Woodlands Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate
- Executive Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Academic Dean’s List
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Arts in Honours Criminology and Biological Sciences