Dane is a licensed tax attorney with the State Bar of Texas. His practice area focuses primarily on tax controversy matters at the federal, state, and local levels. Prior to joining The Wilson Firm, Dane served businesses across numerous industries throughout the United States and Canada to quantify federal and state tax credits in the tens of millions of dollars.
Dane is currently pursuing his Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M., Taxation) from New York University School of Law, which is widely recognized as the top tax law program in the country.
Prior to that, Dane received his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in Houston, Texas, where he acted as the Executive Editor of the Houston Journal of International Law and served as a Research Assistant to his tax law professor. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Windsor, double majoring in Honours Criminology and Biological Sciences.
Dane was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. In his free time, Dane enjoys spending time with his wife, Barbara, their two dogs, and cat. He also enjoys playing golf and volleyball throughout Houston and The Woodlands.
Dane is actively involved in the Houston and Woodlands communities. He is currently a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star and serves as a Gatekeeper for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
In 2021, Dane was inducted into Marquis Who’s Who. The Who’s Who in America award is limited to individuals who possess professional integrity, demonstrate outstanding achievement in their respective fields, and have made innumerable contributions to society as a whole.
- 2021-2022 Marquis Who’s Who awarded ‘Who’s Who in America’
- Mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- Gatekeeper for Houston Livestock Shock and Rodeo
- Member of the U.S. Tax Court Bar
- Member of The Woodlands Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- Expected Graduation: May 2022
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate
- Executive Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Academic Dean’s List
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Arts (Hons.)