The tax controversy and litigation practice of The Wilson Firm is about more than resolving issues in state and federal courts. Our attorneys also negotiate settlements with tax authorities to avoid litigation whenever doing so is in the client's best interests.
Our philosophy is focused on helping our clients resolve tax controversies in and out of court, with a focus on achieving the optimal result for that particular client in that specific case.
The following are examples of the tax litigation matters we handle:
- Defense of IRS and state tax collection actions
- Refund litigation
- Deficiency disputes
- Tax litigation in the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Courts and U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
- Income Tax disputes
- Corporate and Partnership Tax disputes
- Innocent Spouse and Injured Spouse Defense
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty litigation
- Wrongful seizures or levies
- Summons Defense
- Criminal Tax Matters
Our lawyers handle cases in U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Courts, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Courts of Appeals, as well as state courts. We also represent clients before governmental taxing authorities including the IRS, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, and other state and local tax authorities.